Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Routine Wk3 W/O 2b Volume*

First of all I have to say that Friday's pistols battered me!  My legs and butt were still sore on Sunday evening!  Keeping sets, reps and rests mixed up is as important as variation in exercise and offers an easy way to jazz up a staid routine.

Second point to note is that my left hip has felt stiff on occasion over the past six months, but has now cleared up.  What I thought was age was perhaps over-training!  Same thing with my wrist - I had a sensitivity in my left wrist (or was it right) - but all gone.  So I'm rolling uninjured.  Result.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstand work and walking lunges to side/front (10 mins)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Chins (10, 10, 6/10)
4a. Headstand RLLs (8)
4b. Snatch-Grip Deadlift off a Deficit (BWx5, BWx5, BWx5)
5a. Wall Walk (3)
5b. Backbridge  (15s, 15s)

Wrist and Elbow Prehab
6a. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
6b. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (12)
6c. Reverse Wrist Curls (12)

7.  321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering
This workout I had planned to change the headstand RLLs to handstand RLLs and drop reps to the 1-3 range but I totally forgot.

Handstands felt reasonable.  One or two solid holds in the sweet spot, followed by poor handstanding.  I consoled myself with some handwalking instead as it is much easier.

As for chinning it was a similar story as per my legs (see above), I must still be fatigued from Friday's workout as I could not nail the last FOUR reps of the last set.  Oh well - gotta roll with it.  I bagged all reps in all sets at the end of my last cycle.

*Now I am only doing two workouts a week I need to sort out my naming conventions for workout posts!

No comments: