Friday, 15 June 2012

Routine Wk2 W/O 2a Volume

Due to my other training - particularly Lau Gar, I am dropping from three formal sessions a week to two.  The second and third weekly workouts that I have been following for the past several months have had a pleasing content (containing ''Pistols & OACs" and "Deadlifts & Weighted Chins" respectively), so I am going to rotate them on a weekly basis.  So I will rest on Tuesday and my Pistols W/O will be done on Friday in Week 1.  In Week 2 I will do the Deadlift workout, and so on...

Again with the volume focus.  I've lowered the reps from my last cycle but increased the sets.  Rests are being kept short to less than 60s for all chinning and pistols.   

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. HSPU/Handstand/Handwalk (Leg work - side/front lunges, air squats, front/side/turning kicks)
2. L-Sit/Manna Variation (for time)
3. Pistols Assisted (75kg x 8, 75kg x 8, 75kg x 8, 75kg x 8)
4i. OAC (5x55kg, 5x55kg, 5x55kg)
4ii. Two Arm Chin (BWx10)
5. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)

Shoulder Prehab:
6. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)

Another excellent session.   Nailed a few high quality handstands - one of which was 20s.  I'm slowly learning to adjust my shoulders and correct the position not just from the hands but also by bending my elbows and moving my shoulders forwards/backwards as required.

The pistols rinsed me of energy.  The last set has left me feeling it in my thighs and buns!  The chins were similarly tiring.  I got held up for 10 minutes or so after the chins by some guy wanting to discuss training techniques with me.  This never happened in my vegetarian days.   ;)

No comments: