Thursday, 21 April 2011

Thursday Strength Wk1 W/O3 (P1)

The weather is so good at the moment that I spent yesterday lunch in shorts, topping up the tan, and practicing my LG forms.  (Yep, I still look like a douche when I do them).

Because of the bank holiday tomorrow, I need to shift my lifting day forwards to today.  This, along with the form-work yesterday, means that I have done quite a lot of activity in the last week.  Last night's LGKB session was awesome, but started with an intense circuit.  There is a risk with lifting today....

As it is a deloaded phase, I should be ok.  I should be able to handle the slings and arrows of this kind of exertion profile, but only if I 'up' the rest.  Thus I will do very little over the coming weekend - and anything I do do, I will/should/hope to take it easy....or at least easier!

Weight selection for the DLs is based upon the Wendler system, and my RM is 160kg.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (40 mins)
1a. Deadlift (5X94kg, 5x108kg , 5+X122kg)
1b. One Arm Chin Ups (5x42kg, 5+x49kg, 5x55kg)
2. Back Bridge to In-L-Sit (15s, 15s, 15s)
3. HSPUs (Assisted)/Lowers/Dumbell Press/MBTs (6xHSPUa, 6xHSPUa, 6xHSPUa)
4. Ice Cream Makers (4, 4, 4)
5. Four-Way Rotator Cuff (10)

An awesome workout.  The last set of OACs felt tough as did the last set of DLs.

Your Inner Actuary
I think I am starting to look a bit leaner.  I wonder if it is a seasonal phenomena rather than anything I am intentionally doing?  I mean you could count calories, but the 'actuarial activity' is done deep within you - far beyond your immediate control.  I have just completed an ill-disciplined CKD but it would be odd if any fat loss should manifest several weeks after the fact.

No comments: