Sunday, 17 April 2011

Sunday Strength Wk1 W/O1 (P1)

After a two week stretch of active rest, I am back on a strength cycle.  The goal is to 'own' 160kg in the DL.  I lifted this amount at the end of my last strength cycle, but didn't OWN it - and I mean really own it! 

I need to also work on my OAC.  The progress here has stalled a little.  I had a mild injury which impacted progress, and so I need to be mindful of aggravating it.

Finally, my continually lame planche hangs over me like the Sword of Damocles.  I have been working at this for years, but progress has been thwarted by so many other goals (see above).  The thing is, my planche seems to be going backwards.  Now THAT is not acceptable!  ;)

Deloaded for week one.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Stairgators
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10, 1x10, 1x10, 1x10)
3. 1xMU to L-Sits to Ring Routine (3x1)
4a. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3x3-way)
4b. 321 (7:3x8 A4, 7:3x8 B3, 7:3x8 F3)
4c. Tuck Planche (1x3s, 1x3s, 1x3s)
5. Barefoot Kill Carry


The usual 'Sunday night pre-workout reluctance' quickly morphed in to a 'let's have it' session.  A really enjoyable workout.  I added an extra sprint and an additional Stairgator.

No comments: