Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Tan Time

So I headed to the gym at lunchtime due to the fine weather.  I put on some shorts on and progressed to the outdoor courtyard as usual and was surprised to see about six people from the same (work) team as me doing some circuit training.  We looked at each other aghast....!

Today was meant to be a rest day but I figured I could do my LGKF forms and top up the tan.  Due to a lack of room because of the circuit training I went for plan B.  Sunbathe on a sun-lounger.

This turned out to be a great move.  After about an hour, the circuit-guys moved off and me, having spent fifty minutes listening to the radio and turning brown, took to the vacated courtyard. 

I went through my forms, did three handwalks, three backflips (I need to do more of these) and called it a day.

It dawned on me how an hour of sunbathing can make me feel better than an hour of gym work!

4 comments:

Methuselah said...

Just coming to the end of a 3-day stint at Bondi Beach, where tanning and working out go hand in hand. This morning: 30 mins gym, 10 mins swim in the surf, then 10 mins sand jogging back to the apartment. Alas it has pissed with rain almost unremittingly since we got here so my smugness is somewhat hollow....

Asclepius said...

Well now, hanging out in Oz ain't that bad no matter what the weather.

Meanwhile in the Costa-del-England, I am looking out on another day of clear blue skies!

Good to hear from you. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Methuselah said...

Last day in Singapore today and we roasted ourselves like suckling pigs in mid-morning equatorial laser-like sun this morning to make up for the last 3 days of rain in Oz. Glad you've been getting good weather in the fatherland, but a little sick that according to a couple on the flight, it's going to turn crap again when we get back!

Asclepius said...

I can confirm the weather has turned today. The skies are gun-metal grey! Welcome home!