Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Tuesday Strength Wk1 W/O2

It is a nice day and although I should only be working out twice a week, I feel like some bodyweight action. My plan is below.

I am on a strength phase, hence the chins will be followed by a couple of One Arm Lowers (Alternate) on each arm*.

I'd like to work the LGKF forms as well, but we'll have to see how much of a dick I feel mincing around in a public space.

Again, as with the last workout, this is deloaded. Erm...although the OALs will clearly be hard-as fook. I might well do this workout as a cycle (so three laps), with short rests in between.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (40 mins)
1a. Planche (20s, 20s, 20s)
1b. Pillar Jumping (5, 5, 5)
2. Handwalk/MBTs/Handstand (3, 3, 3)
3. Chins (10, 10, 10)
4. Lever (3, 3, 3)
5. LGKF Forms


*Once I remembered that I am already working OACs, I sacked the OAL today - that would have been too much! I put in some light pillar jumping cycled with frog planching which was great fun.

It was sooo hot and sunny. A real mood-booster of a routine. I finished with a full set of LGKF forms (including the 3rd and 4th forms 'left-handed'):

KAY BOON SAU FA - Basic hand movement
JORN SAU - Set hand movement
CHARP CHOI - Drilling punches
FAR KUIN - Flower fist
FAI LOONG GEE - Finger movement of the dragon
LAU GAR LUK HUP KUIN - Fist of six co-ordinations
BAC PYE JURN - Palm of the bac pye mountain

As predicted earlier, I felt a bit of a cock-monkey doing forms in a public place. If I was oriental looking it might have looked cool (although my form was not that great as I was tired from the workout). The irony was not lost on me that in China a bag-lady can do Tai Chi in a park and no one bats an eye-lid (pun intended). Over here in the UK, you do some Tai Chi stuff in a private courtyard and people think "douche"!

C'est la vie.

UPDATE: Weight is 82kg.  Injured left elbow is not hurting but I can sense a tenderness on pressing in the affected area.

No comments: