Thursday, 27 January 2011

Thursday P1 Strength

Last week of my strength phase.  After last week's RM(ish) on the DL - time to deload to a sets of 40%, 50% and 60% of 5 reps.  The chins are on a 'suck it and see' rep basis.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (40 mins)
1. Deadlift + Chins (5x58, 5x72, 5x86) + (6, 6, 6)
2. Wall Walk : BackBridge + L-sits (2, 2, 2)
3. HSPU (1, 8x10kg, 6x12kg)
4. Ice Cream Makers (4, 4, 4)


I had planned on finishing the session with some Four-Way Rotator Cuff  action, but I knew I had had enough after the ICMs.

The whole session should have been deloaded, but I deloaded to my new DL of 160kg (even though I am not really claiming that as my RM - 'coz I didn't really feel like I owned the weight).  Incidentally the weight was actually heavier than this because the 20kg plates I use are 20.4kg!


A single HSPU cheered me up.  Apart from that, this workout left me a bit gassed in the energy department.  I think this is due to my implementation of a CKD program this week.  I needed to see how the diet side of things panned out before adding in exercise. 

The next post will feature some ideas on CKD...

No comments: