Thursday, 13 January 2011

Thursday P1 Strength

I have two routine that run in parallel and that I was intending to move between (in a Chequerboard style).  The idea behind this was to ensure a mix of exercises whilst maintain intensity (as the two channels follow the same intensity profile).  The idea for this was to minimise the risk of injury and overuse.  This is a big threat in particular with OACs - especially if you are heavy to start with.  In addition my other sporting interests (Lau Gar in particular), need some space in my weekly exercise profile.

Only one 'channel' of my strength program has DLs and  I am hooked on this exercise.  I really want to get that double bodyweight (which is around 170kg for me).  They are so damn satisfying.

I am sure these numbers are nothing for your average iron-monkey, but throw in my chinning ambitions (a OAC) and there are competing factors here that I need to balance.

The routine is deloaded with the DLs in particular deloaded to 70%, 80% and 90%.  Where no weight is specified I try to auto-regulate.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1.Deadlift (3x98, 3x112, 3+x126)
2. Wall Walk to In-L-Sit (3, 3, 3)
3. HSPUs (6, 5, 4)
4. Ice Cream Makers (6, 5, 4)
5.Four-Way Rotator Cuff (4x12)


I did some light chinning between DLs to fill the time (I was aiming for >3min rests).  Most of the exercises went to plan but the HSPUs are as tough as ever.

I lost my HSPU (wall-assisted), sometime at the end of last year.  I had managed two consecutive HSPUs, but now, zilch, nada, zero, nothing! 

Nevertheless, today felt good over all.  No failure, only feedback.

No comments: