Sunday, 9 January 2011

Sunday P1 Power

Motivation is low.  Hope things perk up as I head out in to a cold night to do....

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Stairgators
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10, 1x10, 1x10)
3. 2xMU to L-Sits to Ring Routine (3x1)
4a. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3x1)
4b. 321 (7:3x8 A4, 7:3x8 B3, 7:3x8 F3)
5. Barefoot Kill Carry

This was another deloaded session.  As the session progressed I really enjoyed it.  It was brutally cold underfoot.  The 321 workout was an indicator of my slightly higher weight and loss of finger strength.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Can you expand on your ring routine? And also, unless I'm mistaking this blog for another, you are an active rock climber, are you not? I'm looking for some specificity in my training (Crossfit w/ Strength Bias) towards climbing.

Asclepius said...

Hi Mike. For the last few years, family commitments have limited my climbing time, and I have come to a point in my life where pursuit of my climbing goals have taken a back seat to staying healthy for longer (a lot of my climbing mates have had to retire with injuries to their shoulders, elbows and fingers). At well over 80kg I am 'ripe' to pick up an injury so I push things a lot less.

Having said that, I like to keep my hand in with this of all sports. Soloing (easy stuff) in summer is one of life's pleasures.

The ring routine is a variation of this routine posted up on Gymnastic Bodies. I have pimped it out with some MUs to start with (at the top of which I do an L-Sit), and several inverted PUs in the middle. My levers are still at a 'developmental stage', particularly my back lever which currently sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKWhquE_uQ&feature=player_embedded

The best training for climbing is climbing (bouldering in particular), but as John Gill amongst others has shown, gymnasts who turn their hand to climbing often excel!

Best of luck.