Friday, 7 January 2011

Friday P1 Strength

A new year and my first workout with weights!  Xmas was a sugar fest and, to be honest, has not really ended for me (yet).  There are still crappy foods around the house, calling for my attention.  Must resist the call to ride with the three horsemen (wheat, linoleic acid and fructose).

I maintained some GTG work on my planche and lever work.  Both have progressed significantly and I can hold a 5s lever 'almost straight'.  A poor tuck planche can be held for a similar amount of time.

I will focus on strength for a few weeks using a Wendler style program for deadlifts.  The period starts with a deloaded phase (with DLs deloaded to 65%, 75% and 85%).

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x91, 5x105, 5+x119)
2. Wall Walk : BackBridge + L-sits (2, 2, 2)
3. Planche Press Ups (6, 5, 4)
4. Ice Cream Makers (6, 5, 4)
5. Four-Way Rotator Cuff (10, 10, 10)

I shoved in some random chinning work during the rests.  The rests for the DLs were around 3 minutes, but all other rests were in the order of one minute.

No comments: