Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Strength Wk3 W/O2

Ok - so the golfer's elbow might be no more of a strain of the muscles affected by GE!  But there is still discomfort - again I have to watch things on the chinning!  Arguably heavy DLs are going to be a challenge on this injury.

Fast DB Presses are in, in place of MBTs.  The focus is on speed, not the weight.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x55, 5/3x95, 1x135, 1x140, 1x145, 1x150)
2. DB Press (Handwalking, 6@10kg, 5@12kg, 4@14kg)
3. ICMs (6, 6, 6, 6)
4. Wall Walk : BackBridge (2 reps, 15s, 15s)

I wanted to build the base of my pyramid with respect to the DLs but ended up following my instinct to push upwards.  I ended up loading 150kg (in actual fact as I round the bar weight down from 18kg to 15kg, and as the four 45lb plates I use actually weigh 20.4kg, the actual weight lifted is closer to 155kg).

Having initially pushed the early reps, I just went with the flow.  I could have lifted more but figured I would quite with an injury free PB with bas in the tank.

The DB Press started with some handwalking.  I just went up the weights from 10kg, to 12kg and then 14kg.  The raises were explosive and the lowering was as slow as I could manage. 

Reckon I will deload next week, so one more hard day to come and then kick back and grow/repair.  I have started to sleep more as the nights draw in.  And on days like today when the sun is out, I try to get out and about midday as much as possible.

No comments: