Sunday, 5 September 2010

Strength Wk1 W/O1

I have had three weeks off training apart from some random planching, chinning etc... nothing too formal.  The recreation continued last night with a gig (Muse) and now I really ought to get back with some intense workouts.  Last weeks intended 'come-back' workout never happened!

With my recent HSPU success I want to build on my strength gains and am trying to focus on my OAC somewhat.  I am looking at about 65% of RM (ish) today and will ramp up the numbers over the coming weeks.  Bottom line is to stop short of failure and genearlly auto-regulate.  Feel it; don't fail it.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (<40 mins)
1. Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
2. Stairgators (1)
3. Planche Variation (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
4. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 2/3)
5. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x3-20s, 1x3-20s, 1x3-20s)
6. Kill Carry  (1)

With the lever and planche I am looking for a minumum hold time of 3s a rep, working the hardest variation of each that I can, with a maximum 20s.  I might throw in an easier variation of 20s or so on the final rep just to maintain volume.  Similarly I might have a few goes at the hardest variation.

Stairgators make a welcome return to my routine.  I start from my kitchen on all fours, moving backwards through the house and up the stairs.  At the top of the stairs I move forwards, down the stairs back to the kitchen - as fast and as smoothly as I can.  Good fun.


Well, in practise, the Stairgators were a killer.  Not done them for a while and it shows.  The Scissor Splits/Cuts also left their mark....I couldn't complete the last rep of the final set.  I did a tuck lever and an advanced tuck planche (all three sets for each were 20s).  I think I might reduce the rest time to about 30s between sets (currently I take about a minute), before take on a more advanced form.  The ring routine felt solid-throughout.

Growing confidence and growing strength (not in the air).  Glad to be back, uninjured and psyched.

No comments: