Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Strength Wk1 W/O2

Having hit a stubborn fat plateau, I am training on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday (as opposed to Monday, Wednesday and Friday).  This means that my Lau Gar sessions on Monday and Wednesday now fall on a 'non strength training day'.  This rejigging means that I no longer fast for 24hrs before sparring - so I expect to get hit a bit more!  Fasts will fall to a standard 16 hours.

Finger strength will be a focus on Fridays (using a 321 model), and Monday (using a deadhanging sequence).   Both sessions will involve some rope climbing and some wrist push ups.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x55, 3x95, 3x95, 1x135, 1x135, 1x135)
2. ICMs (4, 4, 4)
3. Fast DB Press (6x12, 6x12, 6x12)
4. Wall Walk : BackBridge : HyperX


I gave in to my inner gorilla and pushed a bit further than I originally intended.  But it felt good. Instinctive training is easy when you are meant to back off.  The trick is not to get injured.

I made the DB Press as fast as I could, then lowered the weights veeerrrrrry sloooowly.  The ICMs were 'less tucked' than usual with an aim to feeling it in the triceps.  Backbridges were a joy.  I do like the sensation of them.

Deadlifts comprised of a few mutliples followed by a minute or so rest, and then the singles.  I need to up the sets of singles to about five.  Then I will look to add weight and drop sets. 

I finished off of with just the Oly bar doing OH Presses (fast) and some slow reverse curls...just because.

As a frist day back on the iron, this was a great session.

No comments: