Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Strength Wk2 W/O2

Another strength session.  Aim is to ramp things up a bit on the DL.  An extra set and some extra cookies (small weights).  The speed work must be explosive with a goal of around 5-8 reps.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x55, 3x95, 1x135, 1x135, 1x140, 1x145, 1x145)
2. 5kg Vertical Medicine Ball Throws (6, 6, 6, 6)
3. Fast Chins - Alt Regular grip and Hammer Grip (6, 5, 6, 4)
4. Wall Walk : BackBridge (2 reps, 15s, 15s)

I am easing my grip on these sessions.  I could see myself getting sucked in to staleness and so introduced some variations for the speed work.  The chins and MBTs were done explosively.  The reps were dictated by a loss of power.
 
Deadlifts went very well and I could have loaded the bar or added an extra few kilos - but having already pushed more on the bar this week, and as I am approaching my RM, I figured I would walk out the gym with uninjured gains. 
 
I still wanted to do more so did a quick planche.  I felt like I had more to give and if it had been dry outside, I'd have done some cartwheels and handstands.
 
I am keeping my rests down to around 30s so workouts are coming in at around 30 minutes.  This seems to suit me at the moment and allows me to keep up with my three strength sessions each week.

No comments: