Sunday, 19 September 2010

Strength Wk3 W/O1

I did some hard traversing on some limestone crags near where I work on Friday night. The fingers are lacking endurance but the arms and upper body in general felt good.

I have a little soreness on the inside of my left elbow from OACs.  It is Golfer's Elbow - which, with rest, should pass.  I need to moderate the intensity a bit....will suck it and see, and adapt as required.  Some deep massage will also be required.

Tonight's session will be as follows:

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
2. Stairgators (1)
3. Planche Variation (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
4. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
5. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x3-20s, 1x3-20s, 1x3-20s)
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)

Doing Stairgators with the same form going up as coming down is VERY difficult and quite challenging.  Good fun throughout - and my huffing and puffing caused Mrs. A to appear at the foot of the stairs wearing her WTF Face!  I think she thinks I am mad.  As does my neighbour (I think).  I met him out on the road whilst barefoot sprinting and he was polite enough not to mention my bare feet - even though I know he clocked them.  As we chatted he avoided both eye contact and 'eye to foot' contact.  Not sure if he saw me set off with my punchbag shouldered for the kill carry.

The ring routine contains a back lever which is shabby.  This is something I will work upon.  The golfer's elbow was barely noticeable, even during up the transition phase of the MUs.

The planches are feeling increasingly solid and I will introduce a variation.

Another short, sharp and fun workout.  Barefoot sprinting certainly feels fast.

No comments: