Sunday, 12 September 2010

Strength Wk2 W/O1

I am doing two 'Finger Strength' workouts a week.  These comprise of:
  • some wrist push ups.
  • rope climbing,
  • pinch grip pull ups (assisted) and then either:
  • a 321 workout  (front 3, back 3 - both with open and crimped) or 8a Hangboarding.
Reckon I might invest in a Lapis Rollybar.  I used one the other day and they are fun.  Pinching roof beams will have to do until then.

I have picked up a slight soreness on the inside of my left elbow, so need to adjust intensity and volume accordingly.  Last week should have been less instinctive and more of the prescribed light session I had intended!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
2. Stairgators (1)
3. Planche Variation (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
4. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
5. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x3-20s, 1x3-20s, 1x3-20s)
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)

Well, well, well.  I will be honest - I really could not have been bothered with this evening's workout.  I had eaten a substantial meal around 1700hrs and come 2100hrs, did not want to train.  I decided to make it quick and dirty - going for speed with only 30 seconds rests between sets.  I also opted for barefoot.

What a revelation.  I absolutely LOVED this session.  Barefooting the sprints and kill carry was a revelation and I think I will keep this up in perpetuity on my Sunday evening workouts.

The speed and brevity of the ring routine and the ring splits was a welcome change.  Normally I auto-regulate, dwelling in the hurt locker at a pace that makes me almost fail on my final rep.  This time I just opted for 'flow'.

Great session.  Barefoot has brought a smile to my face.

No comments: