Friday, 22 February 2013

RPT Phase 3 W/O B

Flakes of snow didn't stop me heading out for this workout.  I soon warmed up and took to my task.  The aim for today was to increase weights and lower reps from the last session - but with a general intention to 'work harder'.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Alternate-side Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges

Skill Work (15 minutes)
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep

Main (20 minutes)
1. Pistols (6x75, 8x72.5, 10x70)
2. OACs (8/6x45, 10/8x40, 9/10x35)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation (5 minutes)
3. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
4. Wrist Push Ups (12)
5. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)
A superb session leaving me suitably taxed.  The handstanding wasn't really there, but I find I can handstand much more easily in the dojo with wooden floors - so I don't mind these outdoor sessions where conditions are more challenging.  The handwalks were solid.

Pistols surprised me - I was able to squeeze a lot out of the legs today and will look to push reps on the next pistol session.

OACs were pretty tortuous by the final set.  Sets one and two saw a push on reps (and an increase in weight), but the cookie jar was empty for the last set.  I will attempt this same weight and set range next week to see if I can hit all my targets.

2013 sees my motivated and uninjured.  I'm not working RMs but hitting volumes that are respectable.  My new spacing of session are more accomodating of my Lau Gar pursuits and it really does suit me.  You've only so many 'days of grrrrr'  in a week so it is worth selecting them wisely and giving it the full beans when you do.  As ADV says, "When the difference between the most you can do and the least you can do merges, you're dead!"  Keep those points far apart!

I see people taking shakes and pills to work harder for longer, but I suspect these override the body's natural braking system.  The same goes for diet; I don't count or measure other than 'half a plate of meet and half a plate of veggies' - on a training day add LOTS of potatoes (sweet or regular), and on a rest day add butter (or eat some nuts) instead.  Sugar and fat see me overriding natural curbs on appetite but with the advice above, I keep lean.

Weight: 82kg

No comments: