Friday, 8 February 2013

RPT Phase 1 W/O C

My god - Wednesday kickboxing has left me sore!  I tried hand walking at the end of the session and I couldn't manage four steps compared to my 'length of the sports hall' exploits of recent months.  I've lost a lot and over a short time in the Christmas period.

It isn't all bad though!  During my warm up for Lau Gar I hit a couple of excellent handstands - straight in at the sweet spot and solid for 15s or more.

Today's workout:

Warm Up (5 minutes)

Skill Work (10 minutes)
Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep

Main (25 minutes)
1. Deadlift (6x120, 8x100, 10x90)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Wall Walk (2, 2)
4. One Legged Backbridge (15s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
5. Internal Shoulder Rotations (12)
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

7. 321 (8L, 8L 8L)

A great session and one I enjoyed. Handwalking was good - as was the handstand that followed. Deadlifting saw me 'blowing' a bit, but that is the price of higher reps.

No comments: