Friday, 9 October 2009

Dynamic Movement

Today was a return to a dynamic movement session. I didn't feel that inclined to train as it was cold outside and to be honest, I cannot believe the issue of cold feet with Vibram 5ingers is not more of a hot topic on Paleo forums!

After the warm up and sprinting I felt much more in the mood to train, but given my initial reservations about training, I made this a short workout resting only about 30 seconds between exercises - often less, to increase the tempo of the session.

The idea was explosive power on the positive phase of the exercise and to go much slower on the negative phase, lowering under control.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (15 mins)
1a) Sprint (2x15s, one minute rest between each set)

2a) Pillar Jumps/Deadlifts (2x5jumps + 1x5x80kg DL) - the last
2b) Frog Planch (3x20s)

3a) Wall Walk (3x2)
3b) Dumbell Press (3x16kg)
3c) Inverted Press Up Rows (3x5)

I left the gym once again feeling that I had more to give, but with enough feedback to know that I had worked hard for the brief periods I was under load.

No comments: