Sunday, 24 July 2011

Strength Phase1 W/O1

I have had the best part of two weeks off from all lifting.  Last weekend I completed the Trans Pennine Coast to Coast (which I intend to write up, but which did not contain any paleo-pimped angle, unlike my Welsh excursion last year).  Three days of cycling exacted a price on my thighs, butt and the fingers of my left hand (feels like vibration white finger in the ring and pinkie, possibly due to compression of the ulnar nerve on the handlebars).  Still, it was damn good fun!

But back to the lifting business....got to reach my 160kg DL again (and then some).  So here goes....

I have added in and extended some specific elbow work to prevent the problem I had previously with my OAC. I also still want to keep work sets under 45 minutes.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (40 minutes).
1. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
2. DE Fast MU to Ring Routine (1x1, 1x1, 1x1)
3. Stairgators (1x1, 1x1, 1x1)
4. Scissor Splits (2, 2, 2)
5. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10, 10)
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (All 4, Frnt 3, Back 3)


UPDATE:  Great workout.  The sprints felt fast and light.  I seemed to make progress with the finger work as well.  Being of a dynamic focus the rests were kept from 45s-60s so I rattled through the whole workout in 40 minutes or so.

No comments: