Monday, 1 December 2008

Negatives Routine

I think I might be over-doing it a bit but I headed to the gym at lunch for a quick workout. I took it hard on the training last night so today's session was rather easy and involved some skill work.

I performed my usual warm up followed by a pyramid as follows, with an emphasis on lowering the weight SLOWLY:

1) Two Dumbbell Split Snatch (8, 6, 4, 2) - increase the weight by 2kg each rep.
2) Pull Up Lowers (12, 8, 6, One arm)

Notes: As noted above, the snatch involved a 2kg increase in weight with each set. Also, the pull ups involved +3kg for the second set, and +4kg for the third set. The last set involved lowering on one arm (alternating the arms accordingly) rather than adding weight.

I complete all the sets for one exercise before moving on to the next. The rest between sets should be around 10s! This is quite exhausting and takes under 10 minutes to complete - including the warm up.

I finished off with some optional extras - headstands, planches, levers, back bridges and cuts work. All skill based and below 'max' levels.

I am off to Lau Gar tonight, but will take it easy. Tomorrow I will rest completely.....although Captain Kid will be wanting to wrestle as soon as I get home from work! No rest for the wicked eh?

;)

No comments: