Monday, 8 December 2008

Finger Strength

I ventured out for a quick workout last night. It was another cold and clear winter evening. I placed emphasis on the climbing aspect - particularly finger strength.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (mini circuit of about 15 minutes)
1) Sprint (8s, 9s, 10s, 11s)
2) Fingerboard
3) Ring Splits (5:20s, 6:15s, 7:10s, 8:5s)
4) Fingerboard

Kill Carry with +10kg (4 mins)

I completed a total of four sets the exercises above, one each of 1-4 counting as one set/circuit. The fingerboard routines were based around laddering. I use a variety of hand positions including open and closed positions and crimps. I also vary the width of rung I pull on.

For each pass through I increased the sprinting by a second. I addition I incremented the number of ring splits but reduced the 'time under tension' of the 'hold' (I always hold the last split for time).

I finished with a kill carry wearing my weight vest - which is my new favourite exercise.

No comments: