Monday, 28 January 2013

RPT Phase 1 W/O A

First proper workout phase for 2013 and I am raring to go!  I am uninjured, arguably weak and out of shape - but happy and healthy.  I am slimming the workouts to three over ten days to allow me to fit in more martial arts training.  Practicalities of where I train on a Monday mean that Kill Carrying will have to be sidelined - as will work on the rings.

Today's workout:

Warm Up (5 minutes)

Skill Work (10 minutes)
Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep

Main (25 minutes).

1. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Bar MU progression:
  • 3 MUs to Skin the Cat to Front Lever
  • 2 MUs to StC to Back Lever to FL
  • 2/1  MU to StC, BL and FL
4. 321 (8L, 8L 8L)

That hurt. I thought I had headroom - but alas not. The MUs were on offset so I had to keep changing which way I was facing to equal out the hurt across the shoulders. I actually started off doing MUs on a fat bar, but I had no hope, so moved to a smaller barred piece of kit. It was still a struggle.

I think putting Planches in front of the MUs (something I did because of the weather - I did the planching indoors and then went outside in the rain to do sprints and MUs), might have impacted performance.

Handstands were also disappointing - only one of them was any where near adequate. Still, you'd expect several weeks off to elicit some change in performance.

No comments: