Friday, 14 December 2012

Wk2 W/O2

I am platueauing at the moment.  Not sure there is much I can do apart from persist.  Stimulation is a moving target and performance does not move in a linear fashion.

I've incremented the weights by 5kg on the DLs.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, floor touches + front/side/turning hanging/back kicks, Tornado Kick/Dragon Sweep/Back Kick)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (3x105, 3x125, 4/3+x135)

4. Wall Walk (3)
5. Alternate One Legged Backbridge (15s, 15s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/ 16/20 pull ups

Ho! Ho! Ho! Just when I was getting all down about my progress (or lack thereof), out pops a  bit of a humdinger!  Handstands were good for three sets with some significant 'solids' up to 15s.  I really did not expect this. My kick work also seems to be improving and is a thoroughly enjoyable element to the workout.

The deadlifts felt beefy.  This time around I've added 5kg and still managed the extra rep.  I should stick with Wendler's advice and stop fooking around with 531!  At the very lest, adding weight each cycle may be better in some cases as an extra rep when working close to the RM is very demanding.  I still managed an extra rep on the last set.

The alternate one-legged back bridges are another source of fun in the workout.  It really works your core and obliques.  Highly recommended!

I finished off with some pull ups but stopped as soon as things got difficult - currently 16 reps and down from about 18/19 a week or two ago.

Next week will be my last workout for 2012.

No comments: