Friday, 2 December 2011

Volume Week 6 W/O3

The last formal workout of 2011. I will engage in a few periodic workouts over December, but it pretty much ends here until January 2012.

I need to look back on my numbers for the year.  I don't want to come over all 'Quantified Self' - but it is important to review en route to your goals.  All the measurement will end once an OAC is achieved (off both arms), but for now I need to map the journey.  (As for 'Quantified Self', I recommend you read this article from The Guardian.)

Warm Up (15 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1a. Deadlift (3x150, 4x135)
1b. OACs (4X55kg, 5X50, 2-arm 10xBW with Straight-Leg Leg-Lift)
2. Backbridge, Wall Walk (15s, 2)
3. 321 (8L, 8L, 8M)


Wow - a great finish.  Part of me wants to push again for another week as today felt sooooo good, but that way injury lies.  The DLs went down pretty smoothly and with good (or rather 'better than usual'), form.  Being 6ft 3in DLs are always going to be pretty ugly, but although I don't think I could have added a rep to my top set, I reckon I could have gone several kilos heavier for the three reps I had scheduled.  Set two was rather steady as well.

The OACs felt nice and fluid.  No aches or pains in shoulders, elbows or wrists which is good.  The hardest part was hitting set three (ie the two-arm chins with leg lifts) after only a minutes rest.  The final rep or two was a killer on the abs.

I now look forwards to a week of pretty much nothing and then a month of potted workouts.  Come January I will hit a Wendler cycle which will then (hopefully), give me some new RMs to work with.

No comments: