Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Volume Wk6 W/O2*

*Technically this is Week 7, Workout 1, but for my records it is easier to incorporate my last week off and keep with the naming convention of the intended training session.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Rowing (5x100m:15s rest)
2a. Pistols/Pillar Jumps (8/10x58/57, 8/10x63/57, 8/10x63/57, 4xBW Wall Jumps - high)
2b. Straight Back Lever (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)
3a. Wall Walk : Back-Bridge : Hyper-extension (1x4, 1x15s, 1x15s)
3b. Tuck Planche (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)

Well, well well!  The pistols felt easy after the first set - so much so, that I stopped at eight reps and increased the weight by 5kg for the remaining sets (whilst dropping the reps to 8).  They were hard fought sets that I can still feel, but I seem to have built the capacity to handle volume.  These numbers constitute an RM for me.

I normally wait over three minutes between sets on my 'big' exercise of the session, but the gym was busy so I rested less than two minutes between sets here as well.  Boy, can I feel it now!

The other exercises felt solid - all apart from the planche.  Not sure why I am finding it so hard to move on from the advanced frog planche.  I keep playing with tucked versions but it has not clicked yet. 
Still, I found the energy to mess around with some kicking and handstand work at the end of the session.

I have some business trips and annual leave coming up so I might take the time to just throw out the training schedule and play with the bodyweight stuff.

No comments: