Tuesday, 13 August 2013

"Well Done"



I went to the doctor's last week and got an official 'all clear' for my hypertension issue.  I got a high reading in the doctor's surgery (154/95 ish and due to 'white-coat' hypertension), but I was able to show him my own records that show daily averages of under 140/90 over the past few months.  These averages show modal reading around 130/80.  On seeing my records he smiled and simply said, "Well done!".

This morning I had a reading of 113/71.



So things have definitely improved and all without drugs.  A few lifestyle changes such as massively reducing caffeine intake (to improve sleep quality), and getting to bed earlier so that I have time to meditate for 30 minutes prior to sleep (aiming for around 9-10 hours a day in darkness), has had the desired effect.

The selfie above shows that despite cutting back on some of my training to a simplified model with a focus on deadlifts, handstands, pistols and  chins has been enough to keep me in good shape.

Happy, happy joy, joy!

I will finish with an erudite quote from Michael Moore, 
  • "Remember, one of the main tenets of capitalism is to have the consumer filled with fear, insecurity, envy and unhappiness so that we can spend, spend, spend our way out of it and, dammit, just feel better for a while." 
'Buy-to-fix' applies as much in medicine as is does in wider consumerism.  Me?  I just go native to mend.

No comments: